Welcome to Vogue’s Winter 2011 Online Fashion Week! In celebration of this fantastic event, we are giving away a FREE Marios Schwab Resort collection T-Shirt with every purchase from his AW11 collection on our website..!
Most importantly, 20% of the proceeds from OFW will be donated to the charity “Give As You Live”.
In celebration of all things Schwab, here is a short interview we conducted with the man of the moment:
– Where do you look to for inspiration when preparing for your next collection?
M.S – Everything and anything can inspire me throughout the creative process but I like to watch films and listen to music t create the overall mood of the season
– Who is the Marios Schwab woman?
M.S – She is a femme fatale, seductive and enigmatic
– How do you balance oppositions in your garments? For example, the AW11 designs were highly feminine, with both Victorian and bondage elements but also remain extremely modern and denote a strong, powerful woman?
M.S – I like to play with extreme opposites and juxtapose these within the collection.
– What was the inspiration behind your SS12 Resort collection?
M.S – Vanitas and still life paintings inspired the collection through natural emblems of femininity and life. Flower heads, shells, corals and butterflies juxtapose in an of the moment still life arrangement. Set against a backdrop of pure black delivering the light and shadow ‘Vanitas’ paintings relied on.
– Where does the floral print/motif come from?
M.S These types of motifs are traditionally found within Vanitas paintings and the arrangements symbolically referred to themes of mortality and the contrast of the natural world.
To receive your free Marios Schwab t-shirt, click on the image below to shop his AW collection..